Dog Adoption Application
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU COMPLETE AND SIGN THE APPLICATION
It is our policy to make certain that each person who adopts a dog is aware of the responsibilities of pet ownership, and is capable of and willing to accept those responsibilities morally, physically, and financially.
Not every person who desires to adopt a dog should do so. By completing this questionnaire, you will aid us in determining if you and your family are indeed ready to become responsible pet owners.
Should you agree that adopting a pet is a commitment throughout the lifetime of your companion animal, please fill out this questionnaire and submit it for further discussion on the adoption process.
*Every question must be addressed. Please write in “NA” if a question does not apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- No person who is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to adopt.
- I understand that I am adopting a pet. This pet is to eat a wholesome nutritious diet. We strongly recommend a raw food diet as dry food such as kibble and low-quality canned foods are known to cause serious health issues and greatly shorten the life of the pet. A highly recommended source for more information on the Raw Food Diet for dogs is Dr. Ian Billinghurst book “The BARF Diet”.
- This animal will be cared for and treated with love and respect. I agree to assume full responsibility for its well-being, including providing adequate exercise, enrichment exercises, and wholesome food, fresh water, shelter from the weather, and any veterinary treatment needed to provide for the continued health and well-being of the animal.
- Dogs will NOT be kept on a chain (or “tethered”) because of, among other things, the health hazards that may occur, the lack of exercise chains prevent and the potential dangers chains may cause such as teasing and trapping the dog with no escape.
- Dogs will NOT be used as hunting, guard, or fighting dogs. Cats **unless specified will be kept as indoor cats exclusively. However, barn cats and other feral cats should have adequate shelter, food, and water offered at all times. NO CAT, AT ANY TIME SHALL BE DE-CLAWED FOR ANY REASON AT ALL.
- I agree to take necessary action to prevent my pet from being a nuisance to others as well as abide by leash laws to prevent the animal from roaming and possibly becoming injured.
***This is to be strictly adhered to especially if one agrees to adopt a dog that is listed as “the only pet”.
- It is expressly understood that such pet is NOT to be sold, traded, or given away for any purpose. It is not to be abandoned. If I cannot provide for the animal any longer, I agree to return the animal to Destiny’s Pet Project Resq INC or another designated location.
- Your Adoption Donation is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- DPPR reserves the right to refuse to adopt any animal for any reason.
THE BELOW IS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT. BY COMPLETING THE APPLICATION AND SIGNING BELOW, ADOPTER(S) AGREE(S) TO COMPLY WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE. ADOPTER(S) FURTHER AGREE(S) TO IMMEDIATELY SURRENDER AND RETURN THE ADOPTED ANIMAL(S) TO DESTINYS PET PROJECT RESQ INC OR DESIGNATED ADDRESS SHOULD DPPR DETERMINE THAT ADOPTER(S) HAS FAILED TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE. SHOULD DPPR BE REQUIRED TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION IN ORDER TO SECURE THE ADOPTED PET(S), ADOPTER(S) SHALL PAY ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.