How to Adopt
- Please take the time to thoroughly look through our pets for adoption.
- Download and email or send by regular mail or fill out an application online. This helps us to guide you and help select the hopefully perfect addition to your family. You can access the application forms in the menu bar above.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us AFTER you fill out the application. We cannot answer any questions before an application is filled out, this is in an effort to save some time for both of us. Be prepared to give a vet reference as well as 3 personal references.
- A home visit is scheduled. Either this will be done by an employee or a trusted volunteer.
- When an appropriate pet is selected an appointment is made for a meet and greet. Please be prepared to bring with you all members of the family that live in the home and any furry friends with you. Mostly, people bring their dogs to the meet and greet.
- Dogs and cats will be spayed/neutered, with an appropriate titer or vaccination certificate. We do not spay or neuter pets that are too young or that have health issues. Appropriate actions will be taken at a later date depending on the evaluation of our veterinarian.
- We do not support micro-chipping our rescue pets. Instead we suggest you use embroidered collars with the dogs name address and phone number.
- Adoption fees may be paid by cash, check, or credit card. Adoption fees are $200 for a fully vetted pet.
Here is a slideshow of the many pets that Destiny’s Pet Project Resq has found homes for. You can find out more about them on our Happy Tails page.
Please support our ongoing efforts to find loving homes for the never-ending abused and unwanted pets, as well as those that the owner can no longer keep, by donating, sponsoring, volunteering, or fostering.